PHOENIX — A state lawmaker is looking to help his constituents who need help fighting addiction.
“We’ve been working on this for a couple of years, run into some roadblocks, but we will continue to move forward,” said State Sen. Jack Jackson, Jr., D-Window Rock.
Jackson is the primary sponsor of State Bill 1273, which calls for a five-year pilot program to help those struggling with addiction.
Using luxury tax monies collected in Apache, Navajo and Coconino counties, the current court-ordered drug program would be expanded.
Jackson said there was some opposition because of the funding mechanism. He also said the bill was not heard by the Appropriations Committee, however, he is committed to his constituants to make this happen.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas