PHOENIX — The World Baseball Classic Inc. will sponsor a vehicle to race in the NASCAR Mexico Toyota Series race in Phoenix on March 1.
According to a release, the No. 05 Abraham Calderon-driven car will embody the company’s brand in order to celebrate the start of 2013 camps and exhibition games for the third annual World Baseball Classic. The Phoenix International Raceway will also make its debut as the host of a NASCAR Mexico Series race, contrary to the event’s normal location in Mexico.
Sergio Romo, a pitcher for the 2012 World Series Champion San Francisco Giants, will function as the event’s grand marshal. Former champion and Arizona Diamondback Luis Gonzalez will also contribute to the event’s proceedings.
Fans can purchase available tickets to the World Baseball Classic throughout the entire three-day NASCAR event.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon