PHOENIX — The World Baseball Classic Inc. will sponsor a vehicle to race in the NASCAR Mexico Toyota Series race in Phoenix on March 1.
According to a release, the No. 05 Abraham Calderon-driven car will embody the company’s brand in order to celebrate the start of 2013 camps and exhibition games for the third annual World Baseball Classic. The Phoenix International Raceway will also make its debut as the host of a NASCAR Mexico Series race, contrary to the event’s normal location in Mexico.
Sergio Romo, a pitcher for the 2012 World Series Champion San Francisco Giants, will function as the event’s grand marshal. Former champion and Arizona Diamondback Luis Gonzalez will also contribute to the event’s proceedings.
Fans can purchase available tickets to the World Baseball Classic throughout the entire three-day NASCAR event.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments