The role of the good Samaritan has apparently not lost its appeal.
According to NBC News, Patricia Wesner stopped on Route 22 near Salem, N.Y., after realizing $11,000 in cash had been coming out of the Brinks armored truck ahead of her Toyota Sequoia.
After arriving on-scene, police calculated that 12 packages of pennies, two containers of nickels, two cases of dimes, six boxes of quarters and 70 bags of $1 bills fell out of the truck. Authorities noted that the truck door likely malfunctioned while on the jarring highway.
NBC station WNYT reported that Wesner, a 22-year executive director of the nonprofit Pember Library and Museum in Granville, said the peculiar circumstances had no impact in her decision to guard the money until investigators arrived.
“It’s stealing if you take something that’s not yours and I never even thought, you know I picked up a lot of bills that were on the ground and never even thought that I would put anything in my pocket. It didn’t belong to me,” said Wesner.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life