Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu sent a letter to Department of Homeland Security head Janet Napolitano demanding information on the hundreds of illegal immigrants her department released in the face of budget cuts.
In the letter, Babeu said he has requested information from Arizona-based staff members and has been denied. He goes on to say that, in the past, her department has argued it only has enough funds to focus on the worst criminals attempting to cross the border, the same people that were permitted to walk out of jails.
This is the same group that we are talking about here and the same criminal illegals that even you and President Obama has said you wanted to deport.
Babeu claimed he was not informed of the release. He also argued that these suspected criminals were released with no prior notice, meaning they might not have the support or financial means to take care of themselves.
This mass release is a recipe for disaster. Future victims of likely crimes will hold you and your administration responsible.
Earlier this week, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer said she was “appalled” at the decision to release the suspected illegal immigrants, calling it “political posturing.”
To read the full letter, click here.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development