Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu sent a letter to Department of Homeland Security head Janet Napolitano demanding information on the hundreds of illegal immigrants her department released in the face of budget cuts.
In the letter, Babeu said he has requested information from Arizona-based staff members and has been denied. He goes on to say that, in the past, her department has argued it only has enough funds to focus on the worst criminals attempting to cross the border, the same people that were permitted to walk out of jails.
This is the same group that we are talking about here and the same criminal illegals that even you and President Obama has said you wanted to deport.
Babeu claimed he was not informed of the release. He also argued that these suspected criminals were released with no prior notice, meaning they might not have the support or financial means to take care of themselves.
This mass release is a recipe for disaster. Future victims of likely crimes will hold you and your administration responsible.
Earlier this week, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer said she was “appalled” at the decision to release the suspected illegal immigrants, calling it “political posturing.”
To read the full letter, click here.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.