A hip-hop mogul plans to clean the streets with mentorships and concert tickets.
According to New York Daily News, Tree Entertainment head Michael Williams proposed the idea of a program that will exchange concert tickets, cash and mentorships in exchange for illegal guns to NYPD Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly and is still awaiting a response.
The goal of the program is to take guns off of the streets and help improve the lives of New York City youth.
“This program aims to provide young people with an opportunity to receive guidance and inspiration from committed mentors, an important option that will enable them to experience possibilities other than a life surrounded by gun violence and unnecessary shootings and killing,” Williams’ letter to Kelly reads.
Williams hopes to get Beyoncé to cooperate with him so that he can give out tickets to her upcoming New York concert in exchange for guns that are handed in, along with $250 cash.
While there are materialistic benefits to participating in this program, there is also mentorship opportunity.
“In my perfect world, I’d love to have a gift package for signing up for the mentorship program that is worth way more than $250,” Williams said. “I think that when you’re dealing with younger people, you have to offer a little more to incentivize them.”
The program is aimed at having young ethnic men give up there weapons so they can have a hand at an alternative life, as a large percentage of shooting suspects in New York are minorities, while a large majority of the victims are youths of New York.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident