PHOENIX — Arizona Senate President Andy Biggs released the following statement on Wednesday in regards to the release of illegal immigrants by the Department of Homeland Safety.
It has not been altered in any way.
“The Obama White House is in full damage control tonight, with the resignation of a Homeland Security Department official over the ill-advised decision to release hundreds of illegal immigrants from jails in Arizona and other states. The decision to set free these criminals under the guise of sequestration is politics at its worst and puts public safety in danger.
Instead of sitting down with Republican leaders to come up with a solution to the problem, the administration is fear mongering. It is pretty clear Homeland Security thought the release of dangerous individuals into the community would reinforce their arguments over the seriousness of sequestration, but they badly misjudged their actions.
The political games played by the administration are now putting us all at risk. This must stop. Today’s resignation is hopefully the first sign that the administration realizes it made a big mistake and will stop any more releases.”
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food