PHOENIX — Arizona Republican Congressman Paul Gosar said President Barack Obama is far more interested in racking up political points and creating panic than he is in finding a solution to the impending sequester.
“It’s very obvious that he is,” he said. “In fact, it has more of a flavor in Arizona because he’s releasing illegal immigrants from prison in advance of this just to put pressure on lawmakers.”
Gosar said Obama took a page right out of the Fidel Castro playbook regarding the release of immigrants for the totally wrong reason.
“People expect our government to act wisely, not turn loose people who have violated the law,” he said. “This is outright extortion.”
Gosar said these cuts will go through and the country will be just fine.
The $85 billion package of federal spending cuts will take effect at 12:01 a.m. Friday unless Congress and the White House can reach a compromise.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development