PHOENIX — Stargazing: Easily one of the most relaxing and beautiful activities. But did you know one of the best stargazing sites in the nation could be right in your backyard?
(Well, kind of.)
The Kitt Peak National Observatory in Tucson, Arizona, was recently ranked No. 6 in the nation for the best stargazing sites, according to Fodor’s Travel.
Not only does the observatory house the world’s largest collection of optical telescopes, but it’s entirely open to the public.
Kitt Peak’s ideal location on top of a mountain makes getting spectacular views like this possible.
Seriously, how can you beat these views?
If you want, you can even register for a Nightly Observing Programs, where you get to rent an entire telescope for $49. So, head down to Tucson and take the time to observe the beautiful world around you.
You won’t be disappointed!
- Cold case suspect in Tucson slayings found in Atlanta
- Phoenix neighborhood to get cheap access to bike share after grant
- National Park Service seeks ways to manage non-native fish in Arizona
- Mexican officials find pot-launching bazooka near Arizona border
- Here are some tips for those traveling out of Arizona this Thanksgiving