PHOENIX — Stargazing: Easily one of the most relaxing and beautiful activities. But did you know one of the best stargazing sites in the nation could be right in your backyard?
(Well, kind of.)
The Kitt Peak National Observatory in Tucson, Arizona, was recently ranked No. 6 in the nation for the best stargazing sites, according to Fodor’s Travel.
Not only does the observatory house the world’s largest collection of optical telescopes, but it’s entirely open to the public.
Kitt Peak’s ideal location on top of a mountain makes getting spectacular views like this possible.
Seriously, how can you beat these views?
If you want, you can even register for a Nightly Observing Programs, where you get to rent an entire telescope for $49. So, head down to Tucson and take the time to observe the beautiful world around you.
You won’t be disappointed!
- Phoenix restaurant Coup Des Tartes to permanently close its doors
- Arizona plan to combat opioids would limit dosages, amounts
- Arizona has just 21 foster families for refugee children
- Joe Arpaio files appeal to undo contempt of court conviction
- Families of Florence children exposed to tear gas file lawsuit against state