PHOENIX — Stargazing: Easily one of the most relaxing and beautiful activities. But did you know one of the best stargazing sites in the nation could be right in your backyard?
(Well, kind of.)
The Kitt Peak National Observatory in Tucson, Arizona, was recently ranked No. 6 in the nation for the best stargazing sites, according to Fodor’s Travel.
Not only does the observatory house the world’s largest collection of optical telescopes, but it’s entirely open to the public.
Kitt Peak’s ideal location on top of a mountain makes getting spectacular views like this possible.
Seriously, how can you beat these views?
If you want, you can even register for a Nightly Observing Programs, where you get to rent an entire telescope for $49. So, head down to Tucson and take the time to observe the beautiful world around you.
You won’t be disappointed!
- Man seeks plea change in death of Bullhead City girl
- Central Americans arrested in Arizona after scaling border wall with ladder
- Arizona activists reject Trump’s immigration deal for border wall funds
- Thousands to take part in Women’s March in Phoenix on Saturday
- Arizona ranks as top-half place to live for electric car owners