PHOENIX — A rollover accident on eastbound Interstate 10 at 24th Street Wednesday closed all but the emergency lane and created a 43-mile logjam over three freeways.
The mess lasted for five hours hours, finally clearing around 11 a.m.
Commuter traffic was delayed after a flatbed truck carrying mulch flipped over, spilling its load, affecting traffic on Interstate 17 and State Route 51.
Traffic on I-10 was pushed back 13 miles. Some cars managed to sneak past using the shoulder.
The backup also spilled over onto southbound I-17, with a 17-mile ribbon of brake lights snaking from the closure to Bell Road.
The Piestewa Freeway was tied up for 13 miles.
By 10 a.m. two lanes were open on I-10.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon