PHOENIX — Authorities are looking into a claim that a Phoenix police officer rear-ended a driver before fleeing the scene, the Department of Public Safety said Thursday.
Bart Graves with DPS said the unidentified officer allegedly hit the other car while driving a patrol vehicle on southbound Interstate 17 near Camelback Road on Sept. 29. No one was injured in the crash.
The officer was on duty at the time.
Graves said DPS was given the case on Oct. 8 and the agency is still investigating. He would not identify the officer.
“If we determine there’s charges due, we’ll release the name,” he said.
KTAR’s Lauren Grifo contributed to this report.
- 29-year-old man dies after apparent hit-and-run in Phoenix
- Suspect remains on the loose after man killed in Phoenix shooting
- Suspect arrested after man found dead in Phoenix barbershop
- Phoenix man arrested for shooting death of girlfriend’s brother
- Funeral for fallen DPS trooper to be held in Peoria on Friday