PHOENIX — Authorities are looking into a claim that a Phoenix police officer rear-ended a driver before fleeing the scene, the Department of Public Safety said Thursday.
Bart Graves with DPS said the unidentified officer allegedly hit the other car while driving a patrol vehicle on southbound Interstate 17 near Camelback Road on Sept. 29. No one was injured in the crash.
The officer was on duty at the time.
Graves said DPS was given the case on Oct. 8 and the agency is still investigating. He would not identify the officer.
“If we determine there’s charges due, we’ll release the name,” he said.
KTAR’s Lauren Grifo contributed to this report.
- Valley law enforcement K9s undergo explosive detection training
- Phoenix serial murder suspect’s lawyers granted more time
- Phoenix-area child transported to hospital with gunshot wound
- Phoenix police arrest 86 men in human trafficking sting
- Arizona DPS speed crackdown nets more than 170 tickets, 2 arrests