PHOENIX — Authorities are looking into a claim that a Phoenix police officer rear-ended a driver before fleeing the scene, the Department of Public Safety said Thursday.
Bart Graves with DPS said the unidentified officer allegedly hit the other car while driving a patrol vehicle on southbound Interstate 17 near Camelback Road on Sept. 29. No one was injured in the crash.
The officer was on duty at the time.
Graves said DPS was given the case on Oct. 8 and the agency is still investigating. He would not identify the officer.
“If we determine there’s charges due, we’ll release the name,” he said.
KTAR’s Lauren Grifo contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix Police celebrate G.A.I.N. Day introducing a new ice cream truck
- Phoenix pharmacy robbed twice in 2 days in 2013
- Congressional candidate, former Mayor Greg Stanton robbed in Phoenix
- Second victim in double shooting near downtown Phoenix dies
- Arrest made in fatal hit-and-run involving bicyclist in Glendale