PHOENIX — Authorities are looking into a claim that a Phoenix police officer rear-ended a driver before fleeing the scene, the Department of Public Safety said Thursday.
Bart Graves with DPS said the unidentified officer allegedly hit the other car while driving a patrol vehicle on southbound Interstate 17 near Camelback Road on Sept. 29. No one was injured in the crash.
The officer was on duty at the time.
Graves said DPS was given the case on Oct. 8 and the agency is still investigating. He would not identify the officer.
“If we determine there’s charges due, we’ll release the name,” he said.
KTAR’s Lauren Grifo contributed to this report.
- Man surrenders to Arizona troopers for driving wrong way on Loop 101
- Interstate 17 closes in Phoenix as police talk down suicidal man
- Suspect arrested in connection to hit-and-run crash at Bartlett Lake
- Man killed in Phoenix after shootout with police
- Police searching for missing woman after toddler found abandoned