A group is looking to let wounded veterans heal their wounds under the waves.
The WAVES Project said scuba diving can help sooth amputations, spinal cord and brain injuries and mental difficulties following combat. Even if a veteran suffers from a mobility-prohibitive injury, the group has tools they can use to get around in the water.
The group pairs the veterans with specially-trained divers so they are free to heal and enjoy their time in the water.
The WAVES Project accepts donations online.
- Off Central: Valley group pairing dogs, veterans to save lives
- Faith in Humanity: Valley group provides scholarships for children of fallen military
- Faith In Humanity: Nonprofit assists single moms pursuing college education
- Faith in Humanity: Valley charity raising awareness of ovarian cancer
- Faith in Humanity: Group wants to recycle 1,000 donated bicycles for holiday gifts