PHOENIX — A Valley safety expert is reassuring NASCAR fans after last week’s tragedy in Florida.
Steven Adelman, a venue safety expert with the Adelman Law Group in Phoenix, said the upcoming Subway Fresh Fit 500 at Phoenix International Raceway that all that can be done to keep fans safe is being done.
At least 28 people were injured when tires and debris from Kyle Larsen’s car flew into the grandstands Saturday during the Daytona 500.
Adelman admitted there are some risks to spectators at a NASCAR event and said the organization realizes its sport can be dangerous.
“The essence of the event involves a certain measure of danger,” Adelman said. “While acknowledging that danger that cannot be reduced or eliminated, NASCAR and the racetracks it runs on take reasonable steps to protect fans so that they can enjoy that event, even with the reasonable measure of danger.”
He added that track officials are always assessing safety. “They went through a significant track and fence renovation in 2010.”
Adelman said anyone attending the races this weekend and is concerned about safety, he suggested sitting in seats that are further away from the track.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them