PHOENIX — A Valley safety expert is reassuring NASCAR fans after last week’s tragedy in Florida.
Steven Adelman, a venue safety expert with the Adelman Law Group in Phoenix, said the upcoming Subway Fresh Fit 500 at Phoenix International Raceway that all that can be done to keep fans safe is being done.
At least 28 people were injured when tires and debris from Kyle Larsen’s car flew into the grandstands Saturday during the Daytona 500.
Adelman admitted there are some risks to spectators at a NASCAR event and said the organization realizes its sport can be dangerous.
“The essence of the event involves a certain measure of danger,” Adelman said. “While acknowledging that danger that cannot be reduced or eliminated, NASCAR and the racetracks it runs on take reasonable steps to protect fans so that they can enjoy that event, even with the reasonable measure of danger.”
He added that track officials are always assessing safety. “They went through a significant track and fence renovation in 2010.”
Adelman said anyone attending the races this weekend and is concerned about safety, he suggested sitting in seats that are further away from the track.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development