A recent study shows that a lack of nutrition variety may affect sleep schedules.
According to Today.com, the study shows those who slept the least lacked protein, carbohydrates and nutrients such as iron, zinc and selenium.
“People have talked about the relationship between diet and sleep for ages, but there’s very little data on these connections,” said Michael Grandner, PhD, a member of the Center for Sleep and Circadian Neurobiology at the University of Pennsylvania. They both touch every system in the body, and the body depends on both of them to keep working. That they interact isn’t surprising–but how they interact might be.”
Though correlations were found during the study, there is no certainty to the idea that nutrition and sleep affects sleep in such a manner.
“It’s simple: A healthy diet helps your body work better, and as a result, sleep better too,” Grander said.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development