A recent study shows that a lack of nutrition variety may affect sleep schedules.
According to Today.com, the study shows those who slept the least lacked protein, carbohydrates and nutrients such as iron, zinc and selenium.
“People have talked about the relationship between diet and sleep for ages, but there’s very little data on these connections,” said Michael Grandner, PhD, a member of the Center for Sleep and Circadian Neurobiology at the University of Pennsylvania. They both touch every system in the body, and the body depends on both of them to keep working. That they interact isn’t surprising–but how they interact might be.”
Though correlations were found during the study, there is no certainty to the idea that nutrition and sleep affects sleep in such a manner.
“It’s simple: A healthy diet helps your body work better, and as a result, sleep better too,” Grander said.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments