The City of Phoenix’s economic recovery will continue at a moderate pace, gaining momentum next year with a full recovery expected in 2015 or 2016, the city’s budget office said in a report.
Based on numerous economic experts and studies, the city finds sluggish consumer spending and modest job growth contributing to a slower recovery.
The report finds it will take three years or more to regain the jobs lost since the recession started. It also says businesses and consumers appear to be in a holding pattern until it becomes clear how federal policy will affect them.
Other assumptions built into the forecast:
• Personal income to grow an average of 6.7 percent for the five-year forecast.
• Increases in consumer and business spending is expected later in the forecast .
• Contributing job growth in most sectors, but lagging supply of high-quality and high-paying jobs in Phoenix is contributing to the prevention of a strong recovery.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life