The City of Phoenix’s economic recovery will continue at a moderate pace, gaining momentum next year with a full recovery expected in 2015 or 2016, the city’s budget office said in a report.
Based on numerous economic experts and studies, the city finds sluggish consumer spending and modest job growth contributing to a slower recovery.
The report finds it will take three years or more to regain the jobs lost since the recession started. It also says businesses and consumers appear to be in a holding pattern until it becomes clear how federal policy will affect them.
Other assumptions built into the forecast:
• Personal income to grow an average of 6.7 percent for the five-year forecast.
• Increases in consumer and business spending is expected later in the forecast .
• Contributing job growth in most sectors, but lagging supply of high-quality and high-paying jobs in Phoenix is contributing to the prevention of a strong recovery.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food