PHOENIX — If you’re planning on going away for spring break or for a summer vacation, one Valley travel agent said it’s likely you haven’t considered heading south of the border.
Paul Seiferth said he has seen a steady decline in the number of travelers interested in going to Mexico.
“We used to do a lot of business in Mexico: Cancun, Mazatlan, Cabo. I would say it’s a 75 percent decline over the past two years,” Paul Seiferth, who owns Terra Travel.
Seiferth said that, because of our close proximity to Mexico, Arizonans are inundated with news reports of violent cartels and border violence.
“It’s sad,” he said. “People in Mexico work very hard. Ninety-nine-point-nine percent of them are good, hard-working, honest people, but you hear about the cartels and it scares people.”
Seiferth said he travels to Mexico and feels safe doing so.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night