A glitch in the iOS 6.1 operating system for iPhones makes sensitive data such as contact information and photos easily accessible.
According to Tech News Daily, the security flaw can be employed by manipulating the button push sequence, the emergency call sequence and then the screen-shot feature.
The glitch was discovered by Vulnerability Lab CEO Benjamin Mejri. The phone will go into a “black screen mode,” explained Mejri regarding the use of the hack. Upon this black screen, a person can upload contact information, photos and other sensitive information to a USB device and move it to their own computer.
Apple recently released an update which failed to address the glitch. It only corrected the calendar app and battery life.
Luckily the hack can only be performed in a physical manner, so as long as users keep a grip on their device, it should not be able to be hacked.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development