A glitch in the iOS 6.1 operating system for iPhones makes sensitive data such as contact information and photos easily accessible.
According to Tech News Daily, the security flaw can be employed by manipulating the button push sequence, the emergency call sequence and then the screen-shot feature.
The glitch was discovered by Vulnerability Lab CEO Benjamin Mejri. The phone will go into a “black screen mode,” explained Mejri regarding the use of the hack. Upon this black screen, a person can upload contact information, photos and other sensitive information to a USB device and move it to their own computer.
Apple recently released an update which failed to address the glitch. It only corrected the calendar app and battery life.
Luckily the hack can only be performed in a physical manner, so as long as users keep a grip on their device, it should not be able to be hacked.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets