A glitch in the iOS 6.1 operating system for iPhones makes sensitive data such as contact information and photos easily accessible.
According to Tech News Daily, the security flaw can be employed by manipulating the button push sequence, the emergency call sequence and then the screen-shot feature.
The glitch was discovered by Vulnerability Lab CEO Benjamin Mejri. The phone will go into a “black screen mode,” explained Mejri regarding the use of the hack. Upon this black screen, a person can upload contact information, photos and other sensitive information to a USB device and move it to their own computer.
Apple recently released an update which failed to address the glitch. It only corrected the calendar app and battery life.
Luckily the hack can only be performed in a physical manner, so as long as users keep a grip on their device, it should not be able to be hacked.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier