A glitch in the iOS 6.1 operating system for iPhones makes sensitive data such as contact information and photos easily accessible.
According to Tech News Daily, the security flaw can be employed by manipulating the button push sequence, the emergency call sequence and then the screen-shot feature.
The glitch was discovered by Vulnerability Lab CEO Benjamin Mejri. The phone will go into a “black screen mode,” explained Mejri regarding the use of the hack. Upon this black screen, a person can upload contact information, photos and other sensitive information to a USB device and move it to their own computer.
Apple recently released an update which failed to address the glitch. It only corrected the calendar app and battery life.
Luckily the hack can only be performed in a physical manner, so as long as users keep a grip on their device, it should not be able to be hacked.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl