PHOENIX — One of downtown Phoenix’s oldest landmarks is offering free tours to the public.
The Orpheum Theatre opened in 1929 and is still entertaining people today. Cynthia Weaver with the Phoenix Convention Center said people are invited to hear timeless stories of performers, see the stage Frank Sinatra once performed on and learn how the Orpheum was restored back to its original splendor.
“It is just something awe-inspiring and beautiful for individuals to see and still today it hosts various shows,” she said.
Tours are conducted each month by volunteers. They are being offered at at noon and 1 p.m. on March 12 and March 26 at 203 W. Adams St.
To confirm a tour date and time, call (602) 495-7139.
Private tours of groups of 10 or more are available. Attendees should meet the volunteer tour guides beneath the marquee to begin the tour.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night