PHOENIX — One of downtown Phoenix’s oldest landmarks is offering free tours to the public.
The Orpheum Theatre opened in 1929 and is still entertaining people today. Cynthia Weaver with the Phoenix Convention Center said people are invited to hear timeless stories of performers, see the stage Frank Sinatra once performed on and learn how the Orpheum was restored back to its original splendor.
“It is just something awe-inspiring and beautiful for individuals to see and still today it hosts various shows,” she said.
Tours are conducted each month by volunteers. They are being offered at at noon and 1 p.m. on March 12 and March 26 at 203 W. Adams St.
To confirm a tour date and time, call (602) 495-7139.
Private tours of groups of 10 or more are available. Attendees should meet the volunteer tour guides beneath the marquee to begin the tour.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl