PHOENIX — One of downtown Phoenix’s oldest landmarks is offering free tours to the public.
The Orpheum Theatre opened in 1929 and is still entertaining people today. Cynthia Weaver with the Phoenix Convention Center said people are invited to hear timeless stories of performers, see the stage Frank Sinatra once performed on and learn how the Orpheum was restored back to its original splendor.
“It is just something awe-inspiring and beautiful for individuals to see and still today it hosts various shows,” she said.
Tours are conducted each month by volunteers. They are being offered at at noon and 1 p.m. on March 12 and March 26 at 203 W. Adams St.
To confirm a tour date and time, call (602) 495-7139.
Private tours of groups of 10 or more are available. Attendees should meet the volunteer tour guides beneath the marquee to begin the tour.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development