PHOENIX — One of downtown Phoenix’s oldest landmarks is offering free tours to the public.
The Orpheum Theatre opened in 1929 and is still entertaining people today. Cynthia Weaver with the Phoenix Convention Center said people are invited to hear timeless stories of performers, see the stage Frank Sinatra once performed on and learn how the Orpheum was restored back to its original splendor.
“It is just something awe-inspiring and beautiful for individuals to see and still today it hosts various shows,” she said.
Tours are conducted each month by volunteers. They are being offered at at noon and 1 p.m. on March 12 and March 26 at 203 W. Adams St.
To confirm a tour date and time, call (602) 495-7139.
Private tours of groups of 10 or more are available. Attendees should meet the volunteer tour guides beneath the marquee to begin the tour.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths