A new report from ZipRealty Inc. shows Phoenix is the 11th-best city in the nation to sell a home.
ZipRealty based its report on the list-to-close-price ratio, which was 98.2 percent in Phoenix. The best seller’s market is in San Francisco, which had a 102.5 percent ratio.
The report also shows homes in Phoenix spent a median 25 days on the market last year, a 42 percent drop from 43 days in 2011.
The study doesn’t surprise Michael Orr, director for the W.P Carey School of Business’ Real Estate Center.
“The market is extremely unbalanced at the moment so it’s much easier to sell your home than to buy one because we have low inventory,” Orr said.
According to Arizona State University’s housing report earlier this month, there were 12,623 Valley home listings on the Arizona Regional Multiple Listing Service on Jan. 1, down 6 percent from a year earlier.
With the decreasing number of homes for sale and a surge in buyers, Orr said it’s a perfect combination for sellers.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments