A new report from ZipRealty Inc. shows Phoenix is the 11th-best city in the nation to sell a home.
ZipRealty based its report on the list-to-close-price ratio, which was 98.2 percent in Phoenix. The best seller’s market is in San Francisco, which had a 102.5 percent ratio.
The report also shows homes in Phoenix spent a median 25 days on the market last year, a 42 percent drop from 43 days in 2011.
The study doesn’t surprise Michael Orr, director for the W.P Carey School of Business’ Real Estate Center.
“The market is extremely unbalanced at the moment so it’s much easier to sell your home than to buy one because we have low inventory,” Orr said.
According to Arizona State University’s housing report earlier this month, there were 12,623 Valley home listings on the Arizona Regional Multiple Listing Service on Jan. 1, down 6 percent from a year earlier.
With the decreasing number of homes for sale and a surge in buyers, Orr said it’s a perfect combination for sellers.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night