Independent hackers may now be a bigger threat than foreign hackers.
According to David Francis of the Business Insider, the true cyber threat comes from those without organization or military connections.
One major rogue hacking group is Anonymous that acts on claims of vigilance as opposed to the Chinese military which only supposedly hacks to get information on Americans.
These rogue groups like Anonymous could possibly pose even more of a threat than the Chinese military.
These hackers aren’t concerned with the long-term consequences of their actions. They just want to cause chaos.
Specifically, Francis references the idea that hackers are turning to organized crime, and are distributing malicious viruses across the Internet.
“This is the year where you’re going to see political and social indicators become the primary causes for events that happen in cyberspace,” Tom Kellermann, vice president of cyber-security for Trend Micro, told Francis.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them