PHOENIX — Ignore the tiny police cars at your own risk.
They’re not technically patrol cars, but new parking enforcement vehicles.
The city approved the purchase of five new Smart Cars to replace the Go-4s used for over a decade.
“It’s a lot nicer, the biggest thing is that we have air conditioning now,” said Pam Edmonton, parking enforcement officer for the City of Phoenix.
Edmonton has been citing parking violators for over seven years.
“I once had the temperature checked inside my Go-4 on a day when it was 107 outside. It was 120 degrees inside,” she said.
Police said the new Smart cars are up to $12,000 cheaper than the Go-4s. They are also cheaper to maintain, more efficient and much safer.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon