Timeliness is not exactly America’s forte with regard to the aviation industry.
According to The Huffington Post, a FlightStats review of prominent airlines has shown that foreign airlines are more likely to land on time compared to the U.S. counterparts.
The survey reported that the top-ranked Japan Airlines arrived on time over 90 percent of the time.
The U.S., on the other hand, operated at a much lower margin. Delta reached 86 percent of its destinations on time. American Airlines, which recently publicized its plans to merge with US Airways, landed 77 percent of its flights on time.
FlightStats limited its survey to those airlines that operate at least 30,000 flights a year on at least three continents, so there would be no small-carrier outliers.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona