PHOENIX — It’s a big weekend for Valley lovers of the outdoors: The International Sportsmen’s Expo officially got underway at University of Phoenix Stadium on Friday.
John Kirk with the event said it’s is a great chance for parents to get the kids hooked on camping, fishing, hiking, hunting and off-roading.
“We have a large youth fair that provides kids and families with a first stop to the outdoors with a lot of hands on activities,” he said. “We have a catch-and-release trout pond, a rock climbing wall, radio-controlled off-road track, archery and shooting ranges. All of the products are provided along with the experts, who will show the kids how to do things safely.”
Kirk said the expo is not a gun show, although some of the exhibitors could raffle off a gun.
Tickets for the expo are $12 for adults and kids under 15 get in free.
The how runs until 6p.m. Friday, Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof