PHOENIX — It’s a big weekend for Valley lovers of the outdoors: The International Sportsmen’s Expo officially got underway at University of Phoenix Stadium on Friday.
John Kirk with the event said it’s is a great chance for parents to get the kids hooked on camping, fishing, hiking, hunting and off-roading.
“We have a large youth fair that provides kids and families with a first stop to the outdoors with a lot of hands on activities,” he said. “We have a catch-and-release trout pond, a rock climbing wall, radio-controlled off-road track, archery and shooting ranges. All of the products are provided along with the experts, who will show the kids how to do things safely.”
Kirk said the expo is not a gun show, although some of the exhibitors could raffle off a gun.
Tickets for the expo are $12 for adults and kids under 15 get in free.
The how runs until 6p.m. Friday, Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development