PHOENIX — It’s a big weekend for Valley lovers of the outdoors: The International Sportsmen’s Expo officially got underway at University of Phoenix Stadium on Friday.
John Kirk with the event said it’s is a great chance for parents to get the kids hooked on camping, fishing, hiking, hunting and off-roading.
“We have a large youth fair that provides kids and families with a first stop to the outdoors with a lot of hands on activities,” he said. “We have a catch-and-release trout pond, a rock climbing wall, radio-controlled off-road track, archery and shooting ranges. All of the products are provided along with the experts, who will show the kids how to do things safely.”
Kirk said the expo is not a gun show, although some of the exhibitors could raffle off a gun.
Tickets for the expo are $12 for adults and kids under 15 get in free.
The how runs until 6p.m. Friday, Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy