PHOENIX — It’s a big weekend for Valley lovers of the outdoors: The International Sportsmen’s Expo officially got underway at University of Phoenix Stadium on Friday.
John Kirk with the event said it’s is a great chance for parents to get the kids hooked on camping, fishing, hiking, hunting and off-roading.
“We have a large youth fair that provides kids and families with a first stop to the outdoors with a lot of hands on activities,” he said. “We have a catch-and-release trout pond, a rock climbing wall, radio-controlled off-road track, archery and shooting ranges. All of the products are provided along with the experts, who will show the kids how to do things safely.”
Kirk said the expo is not a gun show, although some of the exhibitors could raffle off a gun.
Tickets for the expo are $12 for adults and kids under 15 get in free.
The how runs until 6p.m. Friday, Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck