PHOENIX — The old saying “If you’re not first, you’re last,” might be true, but Phoenix definitely came in last when it ranked first as the most bug-filled city in the nation.
According to Thumbtack.com, Phoenix is crawling with termites, ants, bedbugs, roaches and all the multiple-legged insects in between.
But, before you freak out, the website collected its data from bug and pest removal service requests.
So, to be clear, Phoenix might not be the city with the most bugs, but we are definitely the city that can not stand them the most.
San Antonio, Texas; Kansas City, Missouri; Houston, Texas; and Austin, Texas rounded out the top five.
El Paso, Texas; Fresno, California; Santa Cruz, California; Salinas, California; and Spokane, Washington were the least buggy cities in the nation.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Scottsdale, not Tempe or Tucson, rated as Arizona’s best college town
- Phoenix residents buy gates to block alleys — with city’s blessing
- Border fence-related injuries on the rise, official says
- Record number of Mexican gray wolves found dead in 2018
- Phoenix police can now crowdsource evidence of crimes from residents