Are you looking to sample some great Brazilian food, but aren’t willing to spring for a flight?
Thankfully, we have Carvalho’s Brazilian Kitchen on the northeast corner of Scottsdale and Pinnacle Peak roads in Scottsdale. The music makes you want to dance and the food is as close to Brazil as you can get — I asked a friend who has traveled there to tell me just how authentic it is.
Yes, you can still get your skewers of meat like other Brazilian restaurants, but Carvalho’s Brazilian Kitchen offers so much more, such as feijoada (fesh-WAD-ah), the country’s national dish, and bobó de camarão, a lovely shrimp.
Carvalho’s Brazilian Kitchen
23623 N Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
Tuesday-Thursday: 3-9 p.m.
Friday: 3-10 p.m.
Saturday: Noon-10 p.m.
Sunday: Noon-9 p.m.
- Mmm, waffles: Celebrate National Waffle Day at these Phoenix-area spots
- Order up! The best Phoenix-area spots for National French Fry Day
- Taking a look back at the storied career of Pat McMahon
- KTAR to honor broadcaster Pat McMahon with ‘Tip of the Hat to Pat’ roast
- He Said: Wine-paired dinners at Match Cuisine & Cocktails makes for a great meal