Two Arizona politicians received a failing grade from a local activist organization.
Both former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and current Rep. Ron Barber received an F from Americans for Prosperity-Arizona, a self-described grassroots organization with a focus on smaller government and economic freedom.
“In order to hold their elected officials accountable, Arizona constituents need to know how their Representative or Senator voted,” said AFP-AZ State Director Tom Jenney. “The AFP Scorecard is the best way for our activists to keep a close eye on Washington, and confront them when they don’t vote responsibly.”
The organization also ranked other Arizona representatives. Rep. Raul Grijalva was given a D and Rep. Ed Pastor was given a D-. Both Rep. Jeff Flake and Rep. Trent Franks received an A+.
Sen. John McCain received and an A former Sen. Jon Kyl received a B.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development