PHOENIX — Former Arizona State University baseball player Hayden Moss is hoping to cash in on his experience in the game as one of 30 finalists for the MLB Fan Cave.
“It’s a once in a lifetime experience. It’s in New York City, it’s an awesome setup. You get to go in, watch baseball all daylong, kind of for a living. At least for a season,” said Moss, who lives in Tempe.
“If you ask me, that’s kind of a dream job.”
The 30 have been invited to Cactus League for the next phase of auditions.
Major League Baseball will select nine fans, who will be whisked to the Cave in New York, where they will try to watch every game of the season. As the season progresses, online voters will help pare the list until a winner is crowned during the World Series.
Participants will blog, post videos and use all aspects of social media to document their experience.
Moss is a TV-competition veteran — he won the reality-TV show “Big Brother” in 2010. The Arizona Diamondbacks fan hopes to use his extensive social-media following to help him win this competition.
The final nine will be announced before the end of spring training.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments