PHOENIX — Former Arizona State University baseball player Hayden Moss is hoping to cash in on his experience in the game as one of 30 finalists for the MLB Fan Cave.
“It’s a once in a lifetime experience. It’s in New York City, it’s an awesome setup. You get to go in, watch baseball all daylong, kind of for a living. At least for a season,” said Moss, who lives in Tempe.
“If you ask me, that’s kind of a dream job.”
The 30 have been invited to Cactus League for the next phase of auditions.
Major League Baseball will select nine fans, who will be whisked to the Cave in New York, where they will try to watch every game of the season. As the season progresses, online voters will help pare the list until a winner is crowned during the World Series.
Participants will blog, post videos and use all aspects of social media to document their experience.
Moss is a TV-competition veteran — he won the reality-TV show “Big Brother” in 2010. The Arizona Diamondbacks fan hopes to use his extensive social-media following to help him win this competition.
The final nine will be announced before the end of spring training.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them