PHOENIX — Former Arizona State University baseball player Hayden Moss is hoping to cash in on his experience in the game as one of 30 finalists for the MLB Fan Cave.
“It’s a once in a lifetime experience. It’s in New York City, it’s an awesome setup. You get to go in, watch baseball all daylong, kind of for a living. At least for a season,” said Moss, who lives in Tempe.
“If you ask me, that’s kind of a dream job.”
The 30 have been invited to Cactus League for the next phase of auditions.
Major League Baseball will select nine fans, who will be whisked to the Cave in New York, where they will try to watch every game of the season. As the season progresses, online voters will help pare the list until a winner is crowned during the World Series.
Participants will blog, post videos and use all aspects of social media to document their experience.
Moss is a TV-competition veteran — he won the reality-TV show “Big Brother” in 2010. The Arizona Diamondbacks fan hopes to use his extensive social-media following to help him win this competition.
The final nine will be announced before the end of spring training.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl