PHOENIX — Changing stories from friends and allegations of wrongdoing against Cadillac Ranch Restaurant and Bar are among the details in a report from the Arizona Department of Liquor regarding a young man’s disappearance and death.
Investigators concluded that on Nov. 30, Jack Culolias, 19, bought and drank alcohol at the bar the night he was kicked out for urinating on a patio.
The freshman never made it home.
About two weeks later, his body was found floating in the Salt River. In his pocket was a fake Hawaii driver’s license with Culolias’ photo and a false birth date. On his wrist was a yellow band from the bar signifying he was over 21.
Among the conclusions:
A 20-year-old ASU student used a fake ID to buy 33 alcoholic drinks with his real debit card at the same party Culolias attended.
Cadillac Ranch was not properly using its ID log that night and cannot prove that any of the IDs mentioned in the investigative report were checked.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains