Office workers are rapidly gaining weight due to the snack foods they eat during the course of a normal day.
According to Mail Online, office snacks are continuing to cause mass weight gain, even forcing female eaters on average to go up a whole dress size over the course of a year.
Males aren’t immune to the problem either, going up 5.2 pounds on average per year according to the report.
The most common of work snacks are biscuits, followed by chocolate, crisps, and then cakes. Biscuits and cakes were also listed as the most tempting treats, because they are constantly brought into the work place.
The Daily Mail attributed stress as the main reason why people are doing so much snacking at work. For many, snacking has also replaced full meals at the office.
The report, which was based on a survey given specifically to office workers that snack during work, revealed that 48 percent admit to not feeling full or satisfied after lunch.
“If people ate a more fulfilling lunch in the first place, they’d feel satisfied for longer and wouldn’t feel the need to reach for snacks,” nutritionist Sarah Brewer said. “Not only would a change in the choice of lunch help prevent weight gain and an evening of regret, it could also help with energy levels and reduce symptoms such as bloating.”
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development