Office workers are rapidly gaining weight due to the snack foods they eat during the course of a normal day.
According to Mail Online, office snacks are continuing to cause mass weight gain, even forcing female eaters on average to go up a whole dress size over the course of a year.
Males aren’t immune to the problem either, going up 5.2 pounds on average per year according to the report.
The most common of work snacks are biscuits, followed by chocolate, crisps, and then cakes. Biscuits and cakes were also listed as the most tempting treats, because they are constantly brought into the work place.
The Daily Mail attributed stress as the main reason why people are doing so much snacking at work. For many, snacking has also replaced full meals at the office.
The report, which was based on a survey given specifically to office workers that snack during work, revealed that 48 percent admit to not feeling full or satisfied after lunch.
“If people ate a more fulfilling lunch in the first place, they’d feel satisfied for longer and wouldn’t feel the need to reach for snacks,” nutritionist Sarah Brewer said. “Not only would a change in the choice of lunch help prevent weight gain and an evening of regret, it could also help with energy levels and reduce symptoms such as bloating.”
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night