Office workers are rapidly gaining weight due to the snack foods they eat during the course of a normal day.
According to Mail Online, office snacks are continuing to cause mass weight gain, even forcing female eaters on average to go up a whole dress size over the course of a year.
Males aren’t immune to the problem either, going up 5.2 pounds on average per year according to the report.
The most common of work snacks are biscuits, followed by chocolate, crisps, and then cakes. Biscuits and cakes were also listed as the most tempting treats, because they are constantly brought into the work place.
The Daily Mail attributed stress as the main reason why people are doing so much snacking at work. For many, snacking has also replaced full meals at the office.
The report, which was based on a survey given specifically to office workers that snack during work, revealed that 48 percent admit to not feeling full or satisfied after lunch.
“If people ate a more fulfilling lunch in the first place, they’d feel satisfied for longer and wouldn’t feel the need to reach for snacks,” nutritionist Sarah Brewer said. “Not only would a change in the choice of lunch help prevent weight gain and an evening of regret, it could also help with energy levels and reduce symptoms such as bloating.”
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered