Office workers are rapidly gaining weight due to the snack foods they eat during the course of a normal day.
According to Mail Online, office snacks are continuing to cause mass weight gain, even forcing female eaters on average to go up a whole dress size over the course of a year.
Males aren’t immune to the problem either, going up 5.2 pounds on average per year according to the report.
The most common of work snacks are biscuits, followed by chocolate, crisps, and then cakes. Biscuits and cakes were also listed as the most tempting treats, because they are constantly brought into the work place.
The Daily Mail attributed stress as the main reason why people are doing so much snacking at work. For many, snacking has also replaced full meals at the office.
The report, which was based on a survey given specifically to office workers that snack during work, revealed that 48 percent admit to not feeling full or satisfied after lunch.
“If people ate a more fulfilling lunch in the first place, they’d feel satisfied for longer and wouldn’t feel the need to reach for snacks,” nutritionist Sarah Brewer said. “Not only would a change in the choice of lunch help prevent weight gain and an evening of regret, it could also help with energy levels and reduce symptoms such as bloating.”
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments