A San Bernardino man was able to get his dog back after he was impounded due to his failure to appear in court, thanks to a spur-of-the-moment charity.
The Huffington Post reported that Dave Thomas was jailed because of his failure to appear in court for a traffic violation, during which his dog was impounded at a cost of $400.
Unable to pay the price, Thomas sat and wept with his dog at the San Bernardino City Animal Shelter, which caught the eye of photographer Maria Sanchez.
After witnessing the sad sight, Sanchez took photos of the weeping Thomas and posted them on Facebook, garnering donations and pledges to help Thomas.
Soon Thomas was able to get Buzz Lightyear, the 2-year-old pitbull mix.
“God bless you darling,” Thomas said after he got his dog back.
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered