A San Bernardino man was able to get his dog back after he was impounded due to his failure to appear in court, thanks to a spur-of-the-moment charity.
The Huffington Post reported that Dave Thomas was jailed because of his failure to appear in court for a traffic violation, during which his dog was impounded at a cost of $400.
Unable to pay the price, Thomas sat and wept with his dog at the San Bernardino City Animal Shelter, which caught the eye of photographer Maria Sanchez.
After witnessing the sad sight, Sanchez took photos of the weeping Thomas and posted them on Facebook, garnering donations and pledges to help Thomas.
Soon Thomas was able to get Buzz Lightyear, the 2-year-old pitbull mix.
“God bless you darling,” Thomas said after he got his dog back.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development