A San Bernardino man was able to get his dog back after he was impounded due to his failure to appear in court, thanks to a spur-of-the-moment charity.
The Huffington Post reported that Dave Thomas was jailed because of his failure to appear in court for a traffic violation, during which his dog was impounded at a cost of $400.
Unable to pay the price, Thomas sat and wept with his dog at the San Bernardino City Animal Shelter, which caught the eye of photographer Maria Sanchez.
After witnessing the sad sight, Sanchez took photos of the weeping Thomas and posted them on Facebook, garnering donations and pledges to help Thomas.
Soon Thomas was able to get Buzz Lightyear, the 2-year-old pitbull mix.
“God bless you darling,” Thomas said after he got his dog back.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy