A San Bernardino man was able to get his dog back after he was impounded due to his failure to appear in court, thanks to a spur-of-the-moment charity.
The Huffington Post reported that Dave Thomas was jailed because of his failure to appear in court for a traffic violation, during which his dog was impounded at a cost of $400.
Unable to pay the price, Thomas sat and wept with his dog at the San Bernardino City Animal Shelter, which caught the eye of photographer Maria Sanchez.
After witnessing the sad sight, Sanchez took photos of the weeping Thomas and posted them on Facebook, garnering donations and pledges to help Thomas.
Soon Thomas was able to get Buzz Lightyear, the 2-year-old pitbull mix.
“God bless you darling,” Thomas said after he got his dog back.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas