Grand Canyon University plans to expand its campus and compete with other major state universities.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal President and CEO Brian Mueller said he plans to expand to the East Valley and Tucson and go up against Arizona State University and the University of Arizona in the near future.
He plans to decide this summer on which campus to start building first, depending on those cities’ proposals.
The campus would cost about $50 million to support the enrollment base of 4,000-7,000 students.
Mueller said he is interested in expansion to Las Vegas and Albuquerque, N.M., down the road.
“They really want a private Christian university in both those places,” Mueller said. “I don’t know if we will move on those in the short run, but there is a possibility we will be moving on those in the long run.”
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered