PHOENIX — Former Arizona State University spirit squad member and recent graduate Kelsey McCormick will have to wait to start pursuing her career goals.
Just days before starting a new job, she was diagnosed with Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia.
“We have insurance, but there are so many things not covered. It will be very expensive,” said Steve McCormick, Kelsey’s father.
The mounting medical bills have inspired the McCormicks to come up with a creative way to help raise money to care for Kelsey. Shea McCormick, the sick woman’s sister is a die-hard University of Arizona fan and despite her illness, Kelsey remains faithful to ASU.
The family has started a website where people can donate to Kelsey on behalf of either school.
“Whichever school raises the most money for Kelsey, I will wear that school’s jersey in the Pat Tillman Run which takes place on 20th at ASU,” said Steve McCormick.
Donations can be tracked on a Facebook page established by the family.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food