PHOENIX — Former Arizona State University spirit squad member and recent graduate Kelsey McCormick will have to wait to start pursuing her career goals.
Just days before starting a new job, she was diagnosed with Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia.
“We have insurance, but there are so many things not covered. It will be very expensive,” said Steve McCormick, Kelsey’s father.
The mounting medical bills have inspired the McCormicks to come up with a creative way to help raise money to care for Kelsey. Shea McCormick, the sick woman’s sister is a die-hard University of Arizona fan and despite her illness, Kelsey remains faithful to ASU.
The family has started a website where people can donate to Kelsey on behalf of either school.
“Whichever school raises the most money for Kelsey, I will wear that school’s jersey in the Pat Tillman Run which takes place on 20th at ASU,” said Steve McCormick.
Donations can be tracked on a Facebook page established by the family.
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee