PHOENIX — Police are looking for vandals who have broken windows in cars and homes in Ahwatukee with pellet guns and rocks.
Phoenix Police Sgt. Trent Crump said there has been approximately $40,000 worth of damages. While there have not been many details regarding the suspects, police do have a lead on a possible get-away car.
“It’s a gray midsize sedan that’s either a Ford Focus-type or Chevy Malibu vehicle with tinted windows,” Crump said.
“But probably most importantly [there’s] a black stripe down both sides of it.”
Crump said that although nothing has been reported stolen, there have been 50 incidents in the past few weekends. He added that the crimes normally occur late at night into the early morning and happen mostly around parties.
“If you add these incidents together we believe that about 50 of them in the past couple weekends may be attributed to the same group and so we’re wanting to put a stop to it,” Crump said.
Police said that anyone with details is asked to call Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains