PHOENIX — Police are looking for vandals who have broken windows in cars and homes in Ahwatukee with pellet guns and rocks.
Phoenix Police Sgt. Trent Crump said there has been approximately $40,000 worth of damages. While there have not been many details regarding the suspects, police do have a lead on a possible get-away car.
“It’s a gray midsize sedan that’s either a Ford Focus-type or Chevy Malibu vehicle with tinted windows,” Crump said.
“But probably most importantly [there’s] a black stripe down both sides of it.”
Crump said that although nothing has been reported stolen, there have been 50 incidents in the past few weekends. He added that the crimes normally occur late at night into the early morning and happen mostly around parties.
“If you add these incidents together we believe that about 50 of them in the past couple weekends may be attributed to the same group and so we’re wanting to put a stop to it,” Crump said.
Police said that anyone with details is asked to call Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier