PHOENIX — Police are looking for vandals who have broken windows in cars and homes in Ahwatukee with pellet guns and rocks.
Phoenix Police Sgt. Trent Crump said there has been approximately $40,000 worth of damages. While there have not been many details regarding the suspects, police do have a lead on a possible get-away car.
“It’s a gray midsize sedan that’s either a Ford Focus-type or Chevy Malibu vehicle with tinted windows,” Crump said.
“But probably most importantly [there’s] a black stripe down both sides of it.”
Crump said that although nothing has been reported stolen, there have been 50 incidents in the past few weekends. He added that the crimes normally occur late at night into the early morning and happen mostly around parties.
“If you add these incidents together we believe that about 50 of them in the past couple weekends may be attributed to the same group and so we’re wanting to put a stop to it,” Crump said.
Police said that anyone with details is asked to call Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona