PHOENIX — Police are looking for vandals who have broken windows in cars and homes in Ahwatukee with pellet guns and rocks.
Phoenix Police Sgt. Trent Crump said there has been approximately $40,000 worth of damages. While there have not been many details regarding the suspects, police do have a lead on a possible get-away car.
“It’s a gray midsize sedan that’s either a Ford Focus-type or Chevy Malibu vehicle with tinted windows,” Crump said.
“But probably most importantly [there’s] a black stripe down both sides of it.”
Crump said that although nothing has been reported stolen, there have been 50 incidents in the past few weekends. He added that the crimes normally occur late at night into the early morning and happen mostly around parties.
“If you add these incidents together we believe that about 50 of them in the past couple weekends may be attributed to the same group and so we’re wanting to put a stop to it,” Crump said.
Police said that anyone with details is asked to call Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon