PHOENIX — The Academy Awards has sent an Oscar out into the world for a cross country trip, and one of those stops is in Phoenix.
“People have been so excited. We’ve had fans cry when holding the statue just because it means so much to them,” said Angie Greenup, Oscar Roadtrip Reporter.
One of Oscar’s last stops before heading home will be right here in Phoenix.
On Wednesday, Feb. 20, the infamous award will be at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel for the Sheraton Social Hour from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Then from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m., the statue will be at Stand Up Live! in Phoenix for Ben Gleib’s Oscar Special. For free tickets go to www.standuplive.com and enter the promo code “Oscar.” There is a small service charge.
On Thursday, Feb. 21, Oscar will be at Desert Stages Theater in Scottsdale from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Oscar will be back in time to hit the red carpet in Hollywood on Oscar night, Sunday, Feb. 24.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy