PHOENIX — The Academy Awards has sent an Oscar out into the world for a cross country trip, and one of those stops is in Phoenix.
“People have been so excited. We’ve had fans cry when holding the statue just because it means so much to them,” said Angie Greenup, Oscar Roadtrip Reporter.
One of Oscar’s last stops before heading home will be right here in Phoenix.
On Wednesday, Feb. 20, the infamous award will be at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel for the Sheraton Social Hour from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Then from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m., the statue will be at Stand Up Live! in Phoenix for Ben Gleib’s Oscar Special. For free tickets go to www.standuplive.com and enter the promo code “Oscar.” There is a small service charge.
On Thursday, Feb. 21, Oscar will be at Desert Stages Theater in Scottsdale from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Oscar will be back in time to hit the red carpet in Hollywood on Oscar night, Sunday, Feb. 24.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments