PHOENIX — The Academy Awards has sent an Oscar out into the world for a cross country trip, and one of those stops is in Phoenix.
“People have been so excited. We’ve had fans cry when holding the statue just because it means so much to them,” said Angie Greenup, Oscar Roadtrip Reporter.
One of Oscar’s last stops before heading home will be right here in Phoenix.
On Wednesday, Feb. 20, the infamous award will be at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel for the Sheraton Social Hour from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Then from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m., the statue will be at Stand Up Live! in Phoenix for Ben Gleib’s Oscar Special. For free tickets go to www.standuplive.com and enter the promo code “Oscar.” There is a small service charge.
On Thursday, Feb. 21, Oscar will be at Desert Stages Theater in Scottsdale from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Oscar will be back in time to hit the red carpet in Hollywood on Oscar night, Sunday, Feb. 24.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns