Arizona State University plans to unveil its $25 million Sun Devil Fitness Complex at the West campus on March 1.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, the 63,800-square-foot recreation building was constructed by Haydon Building Corp. and designed by Architekton + 360.
The center includes weight and fitness equipment, a running track, fitness studios, an outdoor pool, two competition play fields with softball and rugby field overlays, outdoor basketball courts and sand volleyball courts, indoor racquetball courts, a two-court gymnasium accommodating basketball, volleyball and badminton. It also includes wellness service space including a demonstration kitchen for healthy food preparation.
Mistalene Calleroz White, dean of students, said the fitness complex will finalize the Phoenix-based campus’s expansion plan that began with the opening of a new dining complex and residence hall in August.
“It reflects exactly what students conceptualized nearly two years ago, and the result today is a renewed energy and an outstanding campus experience,” she said.
The grand opening will take place outside the new north lawn area on 4702 W. Thunderbird Road at 10 a.m.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night