Arizona State University plans to unveil its $25 million Sun Devil Fitness Complex at the West campus on March 1.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, the 63,800-square-foot recreation building was constructed by Haydon Building Corp. and designed by Architekton + 360.
The center includes weight and fitness equipment, a running track, fitness studios, an outdoor pool, two competition play fields with softball and rugby field overlays, outdoor basketball courts and sand volleyball courts, indoor racquetball courts, a two-court gymnasium accommodating basketball, volleyball and badminton. It also includes wellness service space including a demonstration kitchen for healthy food preparation.
Mistalene Calleroz White, dean of students, said the fitness complex will finalize the Phoenix-based campus’s expansion plan that began with the opening of a new dining complex and residence hall in August.
“It reflects exactly what students conceptualized nearly two years ago, and the result today is a renewed energy and an outstanding campus experience,” she said.
The grand opening will take place outside the new north lawn area on 4702 W. Thunderbird Road at 10 a.m.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy