Arizona State University plans to unveil its $25 million Sun Devil Fitness Complex at the West campus on March 1.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, the 63,800-square-foot recreation building was constructed by Haydon Building Corp. and designed by Architekton + 360.
The center includes weight and fitness equipment, a running track, fitness studios, an outdoor pool, two competition play fields with softball and rugby field overlays, outdoor basketball courts and sand volleyball courts, indoor racquetball courts, a two-court gymnasium accommodating basketball, volleyball and badminton. It also includes wellness service space including a demonstration kitchen for healthy food preparation.
Mistalene Calleroz White, dean of students, said the fitness complex will finalize the Phoenix-based campus’s expansion plan that began with the opening of a new dining complex and residence hall in August.
“It reflects exactly what students conceptualized nearly two years ago, and the result today is a renewed energy and an outstanding campus experience,” she said.
The grand opening will take place outside the new north lawn area on 4702 W. Thunderbird Road at 10 a.m.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain