Arizona State University plans to unveil its $25 million Sun Devil Fitness Complex at the West campus on March 1.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, the 63,800-square-foot recreation building was constructed by Haydon Building Corp. and designed by Architekton + 360.
The center includes weight and fitness equipment, a running track, fitness studios, an outdoor pool, two competition play fields with softball and rugby field overlays, outdoor basketball courts and sand volleyball courts, indoor racquetball courts, a two-court gymnasium accommodating basketball, volleyball and badminton. It also includes wellness service space including a demonstration kitchen for healthy food preparation.
Mistalene Calleroz White, dean of students, said the fitness complex will finalize the Phoenix-based campus’s expansion plan that began with the opening of a new dining complex and residence hall in August.
“It reflects exactly what students conceptualized nearly two years ago, and the result today is a renewed energy and an outstanding campus experience,” she said.
The grand opening will take place outside the new north lawn area on 4702 W. Thunderbird Road at 10 a.m.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.