Escalating gas prices have directly affected an Arizona business.
According to azfamily.com, owner Eric Carpenter of DeliveryDine.com said that because he spends an average of $450 per month on gas, the business may not be able to accommodate customers outside of Central Phoenix and parts of Scottsdale and Paradise Valley. The restaurant delivery service specifically faced this issue Monday night.
“That order, we’ll have to give to someone with a fuel-efficient car, or take that call as a loss,” he said.
Organizations such as AAA do not see things getting any easier for Carpenter’s business. AAA said the 32 straight days of raised gas prices are a result of increasing crude oil prices as well as refinery problems.
Arizona’s gas prices at approximately $3.55 remain currently below the national average at around $3.73.
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates