State Farm is expanding its presence in Arizona.
According to Phoenix Business Journal, the Illinois-based insurance group is planning to build a regional headquarters in Tempe and will hire between 5,000 and 7,000 new employees.
The site, sources say, is located on the east side of the $50 million luxury apartment project planned by San Diego-based developer OliverMcMillan. It’s just east of the Hayden Ferry Lakeside project near Rio Salado Parkway and Mill Avenue.
State Farm is also building regional centers in Atlanta and Dallas.
State Farm released the following statement Tuesday in response to a request for comment.
As it has done throughout its 90-year history, State Farm continues to review its facilities, looking to ensure employees are in the right places to provide the best service possible for our customers.
Customers’ expectations continue to evolve and we need to adapt as those expectations change.
Decisions will be made over time – some happening sooner – others years later. What we can confirm is that:
• Our company headquarters remains in Bloomington, Illinois.
• We are expanding our established presence in Atlanta, Dallas and Phoenix.
• In addition to these locations, we will continue operating in a number of communities where we have an established presence. Today, we are continuing to use our Valley facilities to support our work and serve customers. Our review is ongoing.
We appreciate the continued contributions of people in all these facilities. We do not have further details to share now but when we do we will be certain to communicate with our agents, employees and associates.
KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them