State Farm is expanding its presence in Arizona.
According to Phoenix Business Journal, the Illinois-based insurance group is planning to build a regional headquarters in Tempe and will hire between 5,000 and 7,000 new employees.
The site, sources say, is located on the east side of the $50 million luxury apartment project planned by San Diego-based developer OliverMcMillan. It’s just east of the Hayden Ferry Lakeside project near Rio Salado Parkway and Mill Avenue.
State Farm is also building regional centers in Atlanta and Dallas.
State Farm released the following statement Tuesday in response to a request for comment.
As it has done throughout its 90-year history, State Farm continues to review its facilities, looking to ensure employees are in the right places to provide the best service possible for our customers.
Customers’ expectations continue to evolve and we need to adapt as those expectations change.
Decisions will be made over time – some happening sooner – others years later. What we can confirm is that:
• Our company headquarters remains in Bloomington, Illinois.
• We are expanding our established presence in Atlanta, Dallas and Phoenix.
• In addition to these locations, we will continue operating in a number of communities where we have an established presence. Today, we are continuing to use our Valley facilities to support our work and serve customers. Our review is ongoing.
We appreciate the continued contributions of people in all these facilities. We do not have further details to share now but when we do we will be certain to communicate with our agents, employees and associates.
KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever