It takes a lot of water, sugar and lemons and work to make 74 gallons of lemonade. But P.J. Bartos isn’t complaining.
“It’s because I just like it and have fun doing it,” Bartos said.
This is the fifth year Bartos has sold lemonade to raise money for Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, a group started in 2000 by 4-year-old cancer patient Alexandra “Alex” Scott.
Scott wanted to use the stand to raise money to help find a cure for cancer in children. So far, it’s raised more than $60 million. In Peoria, Bartos has raised more than $14,000.
“My goal is to raise $50,000 by the time I graduate from high school,” he said.
Bartos started with a stand in his driveway, but after a couple of years he needed more room and moved to Trilogy Golf Club at Vistancia. Word spread and this year, MidFirst Bank is matching coin donations.
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees