It takes a lot of water, sugar and lemons and work to make 74 gallons of lemonade. But P.J. Bartos isn’t complaining.
“It’s because I just like it and have fun doing it,” Bartos said.
This is the fifth year Bartos has sold lemonade to raise money for Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, a group started in 2000 by 4-year-old cancer patient Alexandra “Alex” Scott.
Scott wanted to use the stand to raise money to help find a cure for cancer in children. So far, it’s raised more than $60 million. In Peoria, Bartos has raised more than $14,000.
“My goal is to raise $50,000 by the time I graduate from high school,” he said.
Bartos started with a stand in his driveway, but after a couple of years he needed more room and moved to Trilogy Golf Club at Vistancia. Word spread and this year, MidFirst Bank is matching coin donations.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them