It takes a lot of water, sugar and lemons and work to make 74 gallons of lemonade. But P.J. Bartos isn’t complaining.
“It’s because I just like it and have fun doing it,” Bartos said.
This is the fifth year Bartos has sold lemonade to raise money for Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, a group started in 2000 by 4-year-old cancer patient Alexandra “Alex” Scott.
Scott wanted to use the stand to raise money to help find a cure for cancer in children. So far, it’s raised more than $60 million. In Peoria, Bartos has raised more than $14,000.
“My goal is to raise $50,000 by the time I graduate from high school,” he said.
Bartos started with a stand in his driveway, but after a couple of years he needed more room and moved to Trilogy Golf Club at Vistancia. Word spread and this year, MidFirst Bank is matching coin donations.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns