Here we go again. Another powerful winter storm should start dumping snow in in the high country and rainfall late Tuesday and through Wednesday.
David Vonderheide with the National Weather Service said the storm will bring up to 10 inches of snow to Flagstaff by midday Wednesday. He also said despite the recent series of storms, this has been a dry winter but things may be turning the corner.
“If this continues we may be getting into a bit of a wet period for the rest of February and into March,” said Vonderheide. “We need the snow pack with fire season ahead in the spring.”
Snow levels in the high country will be 2,500 to 3,500 feet.
Valerie Meyers with the National Weather Service said winds will be gusty Tuesday afternoon ahead of the storm and the Valley has a 100-percent chance of rain. Rain totals are expected to be around a quarter inch from this storm.
“Even though we’ve had 3-4 of these storms we are still are still way behind the curve in putting a dent in the drought.”
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates