Here we go again. Another powerful winter storm should start dumping snow in in the high country and rainfall late Tuesday and through Wednesday.
David Vonderheide with the National Weather Service said the storm will bring up to 10 inches of snow to Flagstaff by midday Wednesday. He also said despite the recent series of storms, this has been a dry winter but things may be turning the corner.
“If this continues we may be getting into a bit of a wet period for the rest of February and into March,” said Vonderheide. “We need the snow pack with fire season ahead in the spring.”
Snow levels in the high country will be 2,500 to 3,500 feet.
Valerie Meyers with the National Weather Service said winds will be gusty Tuesday afternoon ahead of the storm and the Valley has a 100-percent chance of rain. Rain totals are expected to be around a quarter inch from this storm.
“Even though we’ve had 3-4 of these storms we are still are still way behind the curve in putting a dent in the drought.”
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development