Here we go again. Another powerful winter storm should start dumping snow in in the high country and rainfall late Tuesday and through Wednesday.
David Vonderheide with the National Weather Service said the storm will bring up to 10 inches of snow to Flagstaff by midday Wednesday. He also said despite the recent series of storms, this has been a dry winter but things may be turning the corner.
“If this continues we may be getting into a bit of a wet period for the rest of February and into March,” said Vonderheide. “We need the snow pack with fire season ahead in the spring.”
Snow levels in the high country will be 2,500 to 3,500 feet.
Valerie Meyers with the National Weather Service said winds will be gusty Tuesday afternoon ahead of the storm and the Valley has a 100-percent chance of rain. Rain totals are expected to be around a quarter inch from this storm.
“Even though we’ve had 3-4 of these storms we are still are still way behind the curve in putting a dent in the drought.”
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths