PHOENIX — Hundreds of volunteers are needed in the city of Chandler on October 24 for the fifth annual For Our City Day.
“It is really our community helping our community, so it is great to have residents from the neighborhood come in,” Stephanie Romero, spokesperson with the City of Chandler said. “We also have a variety of local nonprofit organizations who really volunteer their time and effort.”
Volunteers will be working on several neighborhood improvement projects. This year the projects will be geared toward improving the Navarette Park near Alma School Road and Ray Road.
“There is just about something for everyone like picking up trash in the alley, landscaping, some painting projects,” Romero said.
The city will also need specialists to volunteer their time throughout the day.
“We are looking for people that know how to operate a bobcat for instance, people who can remove some palm trees, professional carpenters just to help with that extra work where it is really needed,” she said.
View volunteer opportunities and sign up here.
- Here are some Phoenix-area restaurants to eat at on Thanksgiving
- Chandler drug company founder pleads not guilty to opioid conspiracy
- Three Arizona cities among top 20 in US for singles
- Police looking for third suspect in Chandler shooting
- Apple Maps update includes public transit directions in Phoenix