COOLIDGE — An officer with the Coolidge Police Department was trying to apprehend a fleeing suspect, when things quickly took a turn for the worse Saturday night.
Police say 34-year-old suspect Korrin Harmon was sighted speeding down Arizona Boulevard north of Gibson Avenue at 8:19 p.m. and drove away from an officer as he approached the vehicle.
Harmon then managed to maneuver his station wagon through a nearby field but eventually crashed into a chain link fence and residential gas meter.
In an effort to keep Harmon from fleeing a second time, the officer shot one round into the rear tire. Unfortunately, the shot ricocheted off the rim of tire and hit a fellow officer in the cheek.
According to a statement released by the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office after the incident, the officer was treated at a local hospital and released.
Harmon was booked without further incident and charged with multiple counts of aggravated assault and endangerment.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas