COOLIDGE — An officer with the Coolidge Police Department was trying to apprehend a fleeing suspect, when things quickly took a turn for the worse Saturday night.
Police say 34-year-old suspect Korrin Harmon was sighted speeding down Arizona Boulevard north of Gibson Avenue at 8:19 p.m. and drove away from an officer as he approached the vehicle.
Harmon then managed to maneuver his station wagon through a nearby field but eventually crashed into a chain link fence and residential gas meter.
In an effort to keep Harmon from fleeing a second time, the officer shot one round into the rear tire. Unfortunately, the shot ricocheted off the rim of tire and hit a fellow officer in the cheek.
According to a statement released by the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office after the incident, the officer was treated at a local hospital and released.
Harmon was booked without further incident and charged with multiple counts of aggravated assault and endangerment.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl