PHOENIX — Mouth-watering local craft brews will be on tap for a week starting Saturday.
This year, Arizona Beer Week kicks off with the 13th annual Arizona Strong Beer Festival at Steele Indian School Park in Phoenix.
“It’s a chance to meet the brewers, a chance to put a face to the beer the drink,” said Jim Roper, a brewer at Four Peaks in Tempe.
Arizona Beer Week runs Feb. 16-23.
Over 75 breweries from across the country will celebrate the start of the third annual event. The rest of the week the Arizona Craft Brewer’s Guild will host 220 events across the state, including Flagstaff, Lake Havasu, and Tucson.
“We’ve done collaboration brews in the past with other breweries and have made different styles of beer,” Roper said.
Many of the breweries will feature beers made especially for the festivities.
“They usually tend to be higher alcohol beer and we sit on a few kegs of those. We have beers that are up to four years old that will be at our Strong Beer event,” Roper said.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America