PHOENIX — Mouth-watering local craft brews will be on tap for a week starting Saturday.
This year, Arizona Beer Week kicks off with the 13th annual Arizona Strong Beer Festival at Steele Indian School Park in Phoenix.
“It’s a chance to meet the brewers, a chance to put a face to the beer the drink,” said Jim Roper, a brewer at Four Peaks in Tempe.
Arizona Beer Week runs Feb. 16-23.
Over 75 breweries from across the country will celebrate the start of the third annual event. The rest of the week the Arizona Craft Brewer’s Guild will host 220 events across the state, including Flagstaff, Lake Havasu, and Tucson.
“We’ve done collaboration brews in the past with other breweries and have made different styles of beer,” Roper said.
Many of the breweries will feature beers made especially for the festivities.
“They usually tend to be higher alcohol beer and we sit on a few kegs of those. We have beers that are up to four years old that will be at our Strong Beer event,” Roper said.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night