PHOENIX — Mouth-watering local craft brews will be on tap for a week starting Saturday.
This year, Arizona Beer Week kicks off with the 13th annual Arizona Strong Beer Festival at Steele Indian School Park in Phoenix.
“It’s a chance to meet the brewers, a chance to put a face to the beer the drink,” said Jim Roper, a brewer at Four Peaks in Tempe.
Arizona Beer Week runs Feb. 16-23.
Over 75 breweries from across the country will celebrate the start of the third annual event. The rest of the week the Arizona Craft Brewer’s Guild will host 220 events across the state, including Flagstaff, Lake Havasu, and Tucson.
“We’ve done collaboration brews in the past with other breweries and have made different styles of beer,” Roper said.
Many of the breweries will feature beers made especially for the festivities.
“They usually tend to be higher alcohol beer and we sit on a few kegs of those. We have beers that are up to four years old that will be at our Strong Beer event,” Roper said.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon