PHOENIX — Mouth-watering local craft brews will be on tap for a week starting Saturday.
This year, Arizona Beer Week kicks off with the 13th annual Arizona Strong Beer Festival at Steele Indian School Park in Phoenix.
“It’s a chance to meet the brewers, a chance to put a face to the beer the drink,” said Jim Roper, a brewer at Four Peaks in Tempe.
Arizona Beer Week runs Feb. 16-23.
Over 75 breweries from across the country will celebrate the start of the third annual event. The rest of the week the Arizona Craft Brewer’s Guild will host 220 events across the state, including Flagstaff, Lake Havasu, and Tucson.
“We’ve done collaboration brews in the past with other breweries and have made different styles of beer,” Roper said.
Many of the breweries will feature beers made especially for the festivities.
“They usually tend to be higher alcohol beer and we sit on a few kegs of those. We have beers that are up to four years old that will be at our Strong Beer event,” Roper said.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever