FOUNTAIN HILLS — Over 900,000 happy couples participated in Sami’s Love in the Hills event at Fountain Hills Park. The event was a massive vow renewal ceremony free of charge to any couple wanting to say “I do” for the second or third time.
“I met one man with a sign around his neck that read married 54 years,” said Larry James, who officiated the ceremony. “He said that’s cumulative… I’ve been married three times.”
Among the happy lovebirds were State Representative John Kavanagh and his wife, Fountain Hills Mayor Linda Kavanagh. They’ve been married for nearly 40 years and decided to renew their vows at the event.
“What better thing to do on Valentine’s day,” said Mayor Kavanagh.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon