PHOENIX — Phoenix public library employees will be blindly suggesting their favorite media to customers.
The event is meant for the purpose of giving even those without a Valentine’s date a new way to spend the holiday.
“Our staff will be selecting some of their favorite books, DVDs, CD’s and wrapping them up, and encouraging our customers to select something from that collection blind,” said Rita Marko of the Phoenix public libraries. “It’s like a blind date.”
Marko said it’s the first year the libraries help you find love this Valentine’s Day.
Participating Phoenix Public Library locations include:
Acacia Library – 750 E. Townley
Century Library – 1750 E. Highland Ave.
Desert Sage Library – 7602 W. Encanto Blvd.
Mesquite Library – 4525 E. Paradise Village Parkway N.
South Mountain Community Library – 7050 S. 24 St.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick