PHOENIX — Phoenix public library employees will be blindly suggesting their favorite media to customers.
The event is meant for the purpose of giving even those without a Valentine’s date a new way to spend the holiday.
“Our staff will be selecting some of their favorite books, DVDs, CD’s and wrapping them up, and encouraging our customers to select something from that collection blind,” said Rita Marko of the Phoenix public libraries. “It’s like a blind date.”
Marko said it’s the first year the libraries help you find love this Valentine’s Day.
Participating Phoenix Public Library locations include:
Acacia Library – 750 E. Townley
Century Library – 1750 E. Highland Ave.
Desert Sage Library – 7602 W. Encanto Blvd.
Mesquite Library – 4525 E. Paradise Village Parkway N.
South Mountain Community Library – 7050 S. 24 St.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development