Proposition 30 has pushed California businesses out of the state with a large percentage moving to Arizona.
According to KCRA.com, California’s new Proposition 30 triggered billions of dollars in new taxes, causing many CEOs to come to Arizona looking to relocate their businesses.
When Proposition 30 was passed, Greater Phoenix Economic Council President Barry Broome flew California CEOs to Arizona with the intention of expanding job opportunities in Arizona.
“We do not have the regulatory and tax and expense and anti-business attitude that exists in California,” said Barry Broome, president of the Greater Phoenix Economic Council.
The migration of businesses could bring jobs in life-science companies, aerospace defense contracting and engine technology companies, along with software and digital companies.
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise