(AP) – US Airways Group Inc.
HEADQUARTERS: Tempe, Ariz.
HUBS: Charlotte, Philadelphia and Phoenix.
CEO: Doug Parker.
YEAR FOUNDED: 1939 (as All-American Aviation).
2012 REVENUE: $13.83 billion.
LATEST QUARTER: $37 million profit for the October-December quarter.
FLEET: 340 mainline airplanes, plus 282 regional planes.
DAILY DEPARTURES: 3,208 (US Airways mainline 1,271, Airways express 1,937).
SHARE OF MAJOR MARKETS:
Charlotte, N.C.: 90 percent. 631 daily flights, including 266 on US Airways mainline. 135 destinations.
Philadelphia: 72 percent. 438 flights per day, including 150 on US Airways mainline. 113 destinations.
Phoenix: US Airways has 48 percent of enplanements. 274 daily flights, including 180 on US Airways mainline. 77 destinations.
Washington: 36 percent. US Airways considers this a “focus city,” not a hub. 202 flights daily, including 60 mainline.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night