PHOENIX — Police were investigating a string of apparently random shootings early Tuesday morning that injured at least four people.
All the victims were shot from a vehicle with a high-powered BB or pellet gun starting around 3:30 a.m. Two people were hit as they walked down the street near 24th and Roosevelt streets. They walked into Maricopa Medical emergency room.
A homeless man asleep at 32nd and Van Buren streets was struck by a pellet and taken to the hospital. A fourth person hit near 28th and Roosevelt streets was also taken to a hospital.
Police have only a vague description of the car — either white or gray — and they don’t know how many suspects to look for.
- Monsoon rains flood parts of Flagstaff, high heat to return to Phoenix area
- Phoenix PD searching for suspect connected to officer-involved shooting
- Southbound I-17 reopened at Indian School Road after police incident
- Downtown Donut Festival to be held in Phoenix in November
- Mac is back: Best Phoenix-area spots for National Mac and Cheese Day