PHOENIX — Police were investigating a string of apparently random shootings early Tuesday morning that injured at least four people.
All the victims were shot from a vehicle with a high-powered BB or pellet gun starting around 3:30 a.m. Two people were hit as they walked down the street near 24th and Roosevelt streets. They walked into Maricopa Medical emergency room.
A homeless man asleep at 32nd and Van Buren streets was struck by a pellet and taken to the hospital. A fourth person hit near 28th and Roosevelt streets was also taken to a hospital.
Police have only a vague description of the car — either white or gray — and they don’t know how many suspects to look for.
- Alarm causes flights headed to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport to be diverted
- I-10 to be narrowed to one lane for nearly a week near Chandler
- Silver Alert canceled after missing Surprise man found
- Mountain Pointe teacher helping students at risk gets KTAR News award
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course