PHOENIX — Police have identified human remains found in north Peoria as that of a missing woman whose husband is a suspect in her death.
The remains belong to 54-year-old Deborah Lee Delaney, who has been missing since April 2011.
Delaney’s husband, William Delaney, was about to be charged with first-degree murder in his wife’s probable death when his body was found on May 9, 2012. He had suffered an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
In a hand-written letter, Deborah claimed she feared for her life after threatening to alert the Social Security Administration to supposed fraud being committed by her husband.
She also gave her husband a letter informing him that she was leaving him because he did not have the financial means to treat her the way she wanted.
Police believe that William Delaney is responsible for the death of his wife.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy