PHOENIX — Police have identified human remains found in north Peoria as that of a missing woman whose husband is a suspect in her death.
The remains belong to 54-year-old Deborah Lee Delaney, who has been missing since April 2011.
Delaney’s husband, William Delaney, was about to be charged with first-degree murder in his wife’s probable death when his body was found on May 9, 2012. He had suffered an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
In a hand-written letter, Deborah claimed she feared for her life after threatening to alert the Social Security Administration to supposed fraud being committed by her husband.
She also gave her husband a letter informing him that she was leaving him because he did not have the financial means to treat her the way she wanted.
Police believe that William Delaney is responsible for the death of his wife.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development