PHOENIX — Police have identified human remains found in north Peoria as that of a missing woman whose husband is a suspect in her death.
The remains belong to 54-year-old Deborah Lee Delaney, who has been missing since April 2011.
Delaney’s husband, William Delaney, was about to be charged with first-degree murder in his wife’s probable death when his body was found on May 9, 2012. He had suffered an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
In a hand-written letter, Deborah claimed she feared for her life after threatening to alert the Social Security Administration to supposed fraud being committed by her husband.
She also gave her husband a letter informing him that she was leaving him because he did not have the financial means to treat her the way she wanted.
Police believe that William Delaney is responsible for the death of his wife.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier