PHOENIX — Police have identified human remains found in north Peoria as that of a missing woman whose husband is a suspect in her death.
The remains belong to 54-year-old Deborah Lee Delaney, who has been missing since April 2011.
Delaney’s husband, William Delaney, was about to be charged with first-degree murder in his wife’s probable death when his body was found on May 9, 2012. He had suffered an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
In a hand-written letter, Deborah claimed she feared for her life after threatening to alert the Social Security Administration to supposed fraud being committed by her husband.
She also gave her husband a letter informing him that she was leaving him because he did not have the financial means to treat her the way she wanted.
Police believe that William Delaney is responsible for the death of his wife.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night