PHOENIX — For the past several months the Greater Phoenix Economic Council has done its best to lure California businesses to Arizona.
Now Texas is trying to steal the group’s thunder or at least cut into the action.
Texas is airing radio ads in California to convince companies there to relocate to the Lone Star State and Gov. Rick Perry is courting companies in person.
GPEC has offered free plane rides and hotel stays to the top 100 California CEOs to look at relocating to Arizona after California voters passed a $6 billion dollar tax hike that effects mainly higher-income earners. GPEC said it has 24 solid leads.
Barry Broome heads up GPEC and said Arizona is more than competitive with Texas as far as business climate.
“The cost of the living and real estate is lower here and we’re closer to California.
GPEC’s campaign has led to a war of words between Broome and California Gov. Jerry Brown, leading to
Barry vs. Jerry and now Barry vs. Perry.
“Our universities are as good or better. Arizona State performs better than the University of Texas and University of Arizona outperforms Texas A&M,” Broome said.
The Arizona Commerce Authority recently opened offices in California to pitch businesses full-time.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon