PHOENIX — Starting at 4 a.m. people were lined up to get their hands on free groceries at the Squaw Peak Plaza at 16th Street and Glendale Avenue.
Sprouts Farmers Market has opened shop and it had a certain Black Friday feel. Big lines, crowded parking lots and what most people really cared about, freebies.
Mike Ordaz drove in from Tempe for the party.
“The goodie bags and meeting the people (were the draw),” he said.
Others who live in the north central Phoenix area were happy to have a shopping option closer to home.
The first 200 people in the door received free grocery goodie bags. The bags offered other specials to draw attention to the store.
This location is the 18th Sprouts store to open in the Valley.
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees