PHOENIX — Forget the good looks and charming personality as a means to success in romance. Learn to speak another language.
Online learning company Rocket Languages surveyed 5,000 people and found almost 80 percent of those polled find a person more attractive and intelligent if he/she spoke a different language.
Some of the worst pickup lines ever, including ‘I lost my phone number, can I have yours?’ is a top line when delivered in French, Italian or Spanish, the top three languages of love, according to Rocket. English ranked fourth.
“What happens is the woman gets curious. Not so much about the pickup line but because it’s being delivered with an accent,” said Valley dating coach Joane Cohen.
“It doesn’t come across as cheesy but cute as the guy is trying something from another country so it’s more appealing.”
But Cohen said the best way to meet someone special is to leave the house and the language learning tapes behind.
“Go to a singles event, a party, talk to someone in a grocery store. Take a little risk and open yourself up,” she said.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food